Monday, August 3, 2009

I love to Sleep!









The fourth series on my list is The Phoebe grant series by Laura Jensen Walker. The Two books in this series are called dreaming in black and white and dreaming it technicolor. I do love to sleep, in fact it is probably my favorite pass time, but I prefer to dream while I'm awake, thus, I am in love with these books. These books are in my favorite genre, Christian fiction. These books aren't the left behind type of Christian fiction though, they are so close to life that any christian girl trying to fight off the things of this world can relate. Walker has had quite a life before she came to write Christian Fiction! She joined the air force and traveled the world after graduation but a year after she got married she was diagnosed with breast cancer. It was the defeat of cancer that made her decide to take the plunge and become an author. walker states, "Strangely enough, I’m grateful for the cancer because it compelled me to follow the dreams God placed in my heart as a little girl. Dreams He has since made come true—once I stepped out in faith." She writes about real life problems in the Phoebe Grant series as well as her other books. Phoebe Grant is every one's favorite movie geek-unbeatable at trivia, convinced that all the world's a movie screen. She can organize a four-hankie chick-flickathon with a wave of her tall, nonfat, double mocha. And she's a shoo-in for the job of her dreams-movie reviewer for the newspaper where she works and then Alex Spencer-not only gorgeous but also a film buff, perfectly cast for a celluloid kiss and a fade to sunset. Unfortunately, Alex is the villain who sends Phoebe packing to the last place on earth she wants to be-back home to boring little Barley, California. But then Alex arrives in Barely and the plot thickens. The book is Witty and realistic and reminds me a lot of my favorite show, the Gilmore Girls with its humor and fast passed dialog. In Dreaming in technicolor the happy ending begins to shatter and Phoebe is trying to put humpdy dumpdy back together again. Its disastrous but all well that ends well. All girls should read this! Its a great read that isn't just another trashy novel. With ups and downs in her love life most girls can relate and enjoy the fact that they aren't the only ones who's life, at times doesn't make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment